* 250g of Abebi Beans Flour
* Chopped Raw pepper (Ata rodo)
* Pinch of Salt to taste
* 1/2 of a medium onion – chopped
* Oil for frying
* Combine the beans flour with 1/4 cup water in a blender.
* Puree the mixture to a smooth paste
* Set a deep pan on medium heat, add in some oil. Heat until oil is hot.
*Add in the salt, chopped pepper and onions. Stir
*Scoop 1/2 cooking spoon of the mixed beans flour into oil.
*Fry on each side until golden brown .
*Lift the akara balls out with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper towels.
*Repeat the process until everything is fried
Serve with bread, garri, ogi(pap) or fried yam. Enjoy!!
Note: The shape of the akara is affected by two factors: thickness of the pureed beans and your method of frying. Shallow frying or watery batter will result in flat akara